Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution means hoarding and/or sharing given web content on a server administered by a website hosting vendor. There are various classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a glimpse at these. Thus, you can elect what you want, based on whether you'd like to have a web page, mail addresses, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by given providers, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages frequently involve adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally wrong explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the workload between separate hosts of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting brand is good if you desire to share an enormous amount of pictures with buddies or colleagues since the solution is usually free. You will obtain a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to administering your mails. Some suppliers offer web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to open a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with several videos and several hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to administer as many videos as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a website. To some degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Dre Web Hosting - dre-hosting.com, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for particular content solely.